Monday, September 15, 2008

Thank You!

So here we are again, Monday. I really have no idea where the time goes, I just know it seems to be flying by. We had a nice and relaxing weekend but it was nice to have the girls leave for school this morning so that I could catch up on some things around here. One of the things I needed to do was to get a thank you card out to our Black's Photography lady, and that's what I'm sharing today. It probably seems like a strange person to give a card to, but she really was amazing in helping us when WalMart messed up Julia's pictures from her trip to Arizona and Mexico. We had bought 4 single use cameras for her trip as that was what was suggested to them. She has a digital, but didn't want to take it because they were going to some community centers in Mexico where their things may have been stolen. So we picked up these single use cameras that included developing and a CD of the pictures, and I thought it was great deal. And it was, right up until the time that they messed up the developing. Apparently all 4 cameras got stuck in the machine and no one noticed till it jammed and the film was ruined.

Needless to say we were all upset. Now she had no pictures from her trip. WalMart refunded the price of the cameras but that really didn't make us feel better.

So on the off chance that my local Black's store could do something with the negatives, I took them all in. In retrospect, I have no idea why I didn't get the instant cameras at Blacks, but I think we were doing other shopping at WalMart so it just seemed easiest. Not always the best choice, I guess. So Pat, who has been with our local Black's forever, took the negatives, but couldn't make any promises. About a week later, she called and said that the pictures aren't the greatest, but you could make out the images in them. When we picked them up, she didn't charge us anything as I'd been a long time customer. Holy cow. We now had pictures from the trip and she didn't charge us for them. You really don't get service like that anymore. We were so grateful that we felt that a thank you card was needed. We inserted a Tim Horton's card in there for her as well. Needless to say, I'm a Black's customer till the end. Not only for the amazing service we got, but also because I think their pictures really are the best.


Patterned Paper: October Afternoon
Cardstock: Prism Papers
Stamp: October Afternoon
Ink: ColorBox
Blossom: Making Memories
Brad: K&Company


No comments: