Thursday, May 7, 2009

Design Elements...

I have a box that I keep in the cupboard full of 'design elements'. In there I keep all kinds of 'things' that I've tried on previous cards/projects but for one reason or another it just wasn't working. So they become 'design elements'. Really they're just 'leftovers' but labelling them 'design elements' sounds so much more appealing, don't you think?? And every once in a while, I dig through the box and pull some little gem out and suddenly the stars align and that design element ends up becoming part of a new creation. I've used a few of these 'gems' in my cards today.
Love the Cosmo Cricket paper, it's so soft and pretty. The sticker is from PSX on Creative Imaginations script paper. Ribbon is from Offray.
Have I told you of my love for PSX stickers? I think they're so pretty on cards, but since PSX isn't around any longer, the stickers are getting harder to find. So sad.
This Penny Black sticker has been in the box for a while, I never knew what to do with it. I'm glad to finally be able to use it on a card.

The 'grandma' has been in the box for a while too, but here I think it is so pretty with the Crate Paper and Martha Stewart ribbon.

Nothing from the box here, just using up some older Crate Paper.
And another great thing about these 'design elements' is that when I package them up and sell them at the LSS garage sale, they go like hot cakes!!
Do you keep any leftovers to try and use again?

3 comments:

Barb said...

I throw most of mine in a treasure box which usually the kids go through (young kids) - and they are so happy with them.

Barb

Conniecrafter said...

Love what you have done with them all, the second one is very striking with the deep red and love the flower!

Anonymous said...

Really like the first card is this group of cards. So pretty..