Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Summertime...

So...how's your summer going so far?? I love summer, love the warm weather, the green grass and the beautiful flowers. I love having BBQ's on the deck and drinks with friends. I love walks with Pepper and whom ever wants to join us, and I love wearing shorts and sandals. The only bad thing about summer is that I don't have time for much more than a quick visit to my scrap room.

It's been a fun but busy few weeks for our family so far. We've done a couple of boating/camping trips and have done tons of work around the house. I think Steve was a little relieved to go back to work today to get a rest from all the painting, digging, cutting and rearranging he's had to do around here!

Here's a few pictures from our trips...

Catching up with the paper on the boat...cool weather but gorgeous scenery.

Meghan, Julia, Alex and Dana keeping each other company and giggling a ton!

Canada Day BBQ on the boat. It warmed up just enough for the girls to have a swim.
So, now we're home, the laundry is well underway and I've finally had a chance to make a card. I came across this challenge on the new Core'dinations blog to use everything but the kitchen sink to create a project. I love challenges like this, they really get me thinking and on the lookout for things I can use.

I found some washers in the garage and I ran them through my Sizzix BIGkick for this effect. I used a cutting pad on the multipurpose platform and then placed the washers right on the cutting pad. The Core'dinations paper went on next, followed by a silicone rubber pad and the impressions pad. I sanded a bit and added Prima studs to the centers of the washer impressions. The rub ons are from American Crafts.
There's still lots of summer left...hope you're having a good one.
Ivanka

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

those washers were a super idea. Great card. - hera

Lydia said...

What a fantastic idea it looks great, I love finding cool things in the garage to scrap with!!

Barb said...

very fun card - looking forward to some beautiful creations.

Barb

Linda Beeson said...

OK, you are way to clever!!! What a great idea to emboss them and what a great choice, WASHERS!

ellen s. said...

this is so creative!