Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Handmade Flower Challenge

There is a lovely lady that I lurk...ahem...I mean follow...and she makes the most gorgeous cards. Check her blog out here: Lea's Cupcakes and Sunshine Divine, isn't it???

She's having a challenge on her blog that runs till Sept. 15th. The Cupcards to Go challenge is to make a handmade flower accent with out using die cuts.




I've had this ribbon forever, don't know who makes it. But it's wired and just lovely, so rich looking. I started to make the flower by pulling on the wire on one side of the ribbon. When it was gathered together, I started applying Skor-tape to small sections of the gathers and started twisting the ribbon into a flower shape as I went. I added more Skor-tape as I went along. The rhinestone brad is from Recollections. The skeleton leaves have been in my stash for many years as has the 'love' brad. It was orange in color, I changed it to gold using Krylon's 18 kt. gold marker. The paper is older, from BoBunny.

Check out the challenge and Lea's blog. You won't be disappointed.

4 comments:

JeanneLee said...

Ohhhh this looks beautiful, Ivanka!

Barb said...

gorgeous flower. Glad to see you making cards.

Barb

Lea L. said...

Beautiful card!! Thanks for playing in my flower challenge....you are the winner!! Please email me your address information so I can pass it along to the Cupcards to Go owner!

~Lea L.

Irena said...

Awesome card, I love the flower :)