Saturday, April 21, 2012

Flower Pot

Hi there...it is a dull and cool day here today so there was no guilt as I spent most of the day making cards. :)

I found a new challenge blog A Blog Named Hero and since I have a few Hero Arts stamps, I thought I'd join in with their current challenge-cards with a view.  The flower pot stamp is vintage Hero Arts...way back from 2002!  I've used it here and there over the years and still find it cute.

I'm also joining in with the' how charming' challenge on the Less is More blog and the 'use your stash' challenge on The Kraft Journal.


I stamped the flower pot with VersaMark and heat embossed it with white embossing powder.  The front panel was dry embossed with Ornate Swirls from Sizzix and, circle window cut out and then I rubbed it with white ink.  Love the look of white on kraft cardstock.  The charm is from my stash, ribbon is from Offray and the sentiment strip is stickers from SRM.

Thanks for stopping by today.
Ivanka

23 comments:

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

very pretty - I love white on kraft also - I have new toys but tired - so just assembled 3 cards that were already cut out. Tomorrow - card making.

Barb

A Blog Named Hero said...

what a lovely card! I love how you raised the segment up to make the window--great idea!

Thank you so much for entering our Window Card Challenge!

Good Luck!

Linda

A Blog Named Hero

Chrissie said...

Your cards are always inspirational Ivanka and this is no exception.
I love the choice of kraft card and the white stamping is perfect!
I love the relief and dimension in this one!
Pretty little charm too!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Loli said...

Hola Ivanka, gorgeous card, perfect combo colours, pretty charm, well done.
A hug from Palma

Fiona said...

Love this style of card and you do it so well. Great texture too.

Andrea said...

lovely paper and style .., so elegant

Helen in the UK said...

Love how you've attached the charm - clever :)

Chrissy Larson said...

Such a pretty card. I love the way you did the window and I'm a sucker for kraft!

Scrapmate said...

Kraft & white is such an elegant combo. Lovely card.

Diane said...

I think this is a great card. Love the stamp, charm and design.

It inspires me to use raft card now.

Thanks

Diane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Diane said...

Sorry, made a typo.

Lovely card. It inspires me to have a go with Kraft card.

Thank you

Darnell said...

Fantastic unique design!

Viv said...

Lovely card :) Viv xx

Conniecrafter said...

so sweet, I love the white against the kraft and like the window idea!

Stephanie said...

Great card! I love the embossing and the white ink rubbed over it makes it so pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at A Blog Named Hero!!

G Peplow said...

Simply beautiful, love all the texture and the charm is sweet, xx

Aileen said...

Gorgeous design. Love the texture and sweet little plant pot and charm. x

Mandi said...

Terrific card Ivanka
I love the placement of the charm
Lovely card
Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Mynn xx said...

LOVE this--it's darling! White on kraft looks fabulous! Totally pinning this card! :)

Lynn said...

Love the simplicity of this card! I just bought some charms on clearance having no idea on how I would use them. I love how you did that! Congrats on making the Top #3 at The Kraft Journal.

Mary Dawn said...

white on kraft makes me happy :) thanks so much for playing along with our Challenge #2 at A Blog Named Hero

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Gorgeous card love it!

Tina
X