Wednesday, May 16, 2012

CardMaker Time to Shine Blog Hop

I'm thrilled to be part of the CardSwaps Time to Shine blog hop.  There is a whole bunch of fun going on at the CardSwaps Message board, so I hope you find some time to check out the challenges, join in the games and get ready to win some prizes.  The crop runs from May 16-19, 2012 and you have until May 22 to get your projects posted on the appropriate thread on the message board.  

We're starting the fun off with a 'Time to Shine' blog hop.  We're sharing projects that are bright and glittery and appropriate for a 'shining moment' in someone's life.

You should have come here from Golda's blog and your next stop will be Ana's blog.

I'm sharing a graduation card and necklace.  We have very close family friends whose daughter is graduating from high school next month.  This is a very big shining moment bringing with it great excitement as she gets set to celebrate this milestone.



The shimmery background paper is from POW glitter paper from American Crafts.  I wish my picture showed it better, but the shine of this paper is just gorgeous without the mess of loose glitter.  The letters are Thickers from American Crafts as well.  The 2012 is a sticker from SRM, A Year of Memories.  I used Cuttlebug's Swiss Dots embossing folder for the background.

I also wanted to make our friend's daughter a little something special to commemorate this special event.  Here is a Scrabble tile necklace that I made...(there will be heck to pay when my family discovers that the A tile is missing from the game!!) Shhh!



I've been wanting to try this for a long time, glad I finally did.  There is a great tutorial on how to make this necklace here.

I started by painting my tile black, then sanding the edges when dry.  The '12 is from the same sheet of SRM stickers as above.  I adhered the sticker to white cardstock, then punched it out with CM circle punch.  From there I followed the instructions of the tutorial... adhering the '12 to the tile and applying Diamond Glaze on top.  Lastly adhering the silver bale to the back.


Back to the blog hop fun...now for the Unscramble It game.  Collect a letter from each of the blogs on the hop.  Leave a comment on every blog and on the last blog of the hop the hostess will direct you to the thread in the forum where you will find all the details you need to enter the draw for a prize.  Your hints are:  it's a phrase, it has four words, and it's a way you will be able to shine.

My Letter is:  E




Thanks so much for visiting, I hope you enjoy the hop and the crop!

22 comments:

Jeanette R. Graves said...

What a great card and necklace. My mom and Grandma would also kill me if I took a letter!

Lora3677 said...

I love love love the necklace! Very pretty card, too. :)

Rozy said...

Love the card and the necklace! I'd love to see some of that glitter paper in person.

Golda said...

What a fun card and your necklace is great!

Carolyn King said...

Love your fun card and awesome matching necklace!!! (Hope you dont get in trouble for stealing the A---it was so worth it!)

Anonymous said...

These are great. The card is fabulous and I love the necklace. She is going to love it too.
tammy

Unknown said...

There are too many A's anyway! LOL Love your card.

Debby said...

What a great card, and the necklace would be a fun project for the girls in the class.

Mrs. Jones from the Circus said...

Great project, Ivanka. Your scrabble necklace turned out great too!

Marlene Diefendorf said...

Ivanka, I love your card and I sooo love the necklace! She will love it.

Anonymous said...

That paper is great, I'm going to check that out! Love the necklace too, I'm sure the grad will be thrilled with it!

MSTEELADY said...

I like both your card and the necklace.

Diana N. said...

Great graduation card! I may have to use a sketch of that card for some graduates I know.

Jane said...

Really great projects Ivanka. I love both of them!

RochelleMezzano said...

I love the necklace and a good idea would do something similar to make it look like a magic eight ball and a triangle on the other side

miatagal said...

Ivanka,

Simple, but very effective card. Tfs!

Stephenie said...

A great graduation card and gift. TFS

Margaret said...

Hi Ivanka, That will make a great gift.

Bonnie Garby said...

Great card and I love the tile necklace. TFS!

Grannie Sharon said...

Great card. . .and, yes, you would be in so much trouble in my house for taking one of the tiles! You could atleast have taken one of those "nasty letters" that can hardly be used. ;-)

Susan said...

Fantastic card but your necklace is totally awesome! Love it!

Ангелина said...

Adorable card!