Thursday, September 10, 2009

Cards for a Cure

One of my coworkers was recently diagnosed with Breast Cancer. Yep, out of the blue. Really makes you realize how fragile life truly is.

At work, Barb is such a treasure, friendly and helpful to the end. After collecting for a group gift, visiting and keeping in touch through email , I felt that I wanted to do more to support her in this battle. I've supported causes and charities in the past, but this one was so close to home, I knew I had to get involved.

So I'm starting off by doing a 5k walk in support of Breast Cancer research. Since I find asking for donations not such an easy task, especially after just having done the MS walk in the spring, I needed to come up with a different way to raise money. Hence the Cards for a Cure idea. I spent a couple of days going through scraps and leftover projects and making a bunch of fairly quick cards. All the proceeds are going toward Breast Cancer research.

Here are some of the cards....









Thanks for stopping by...it's been a busy summer and I haven't been here much. Hope to rectify that in the next few weeks. It felt so good to get back to my 'happy room' and just make cards. And the fact that they're helping me to support a friend, well it's even better.
Ivanka

2 comments:

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

great cards for a great cause good luck on the walk, as you know I totally relate to what you are doing.

Barb

dstandard said...

What fabulous cards and fabulous project - so generous of you!