Sunday, March 21, 2010

2 New Challenges

What I love about the blog world is that you never know where you'll end up with each click. I had some time earlier today and found all kinds of beautiful blogs to save to my faves.

One of the blogs I ran across today was a familiar face. I had met Linda years ago on a card message board and it was nice to come across her blog today. And through her blog, I found a couple of new challenge sites and was inspired to play along.

The first card is for a color challenge on Die Cuts R Us. The color choices come from the prize pack of My Mind's Eye products. I chose pink and off white.

The stamp is from Serendipity stamps, colored with chalk. The background is a Bazzill Journalling note and the sentiment is a sticker from SRM.

This card is for today's sketch challenge 21 on 365 Cards. The chipboard shapes are from Recollections, bling is from Prima and the sentiment is from K&Co. I used the tiny dots embossing folder, glued some crepe paper to the back and folded the rest over the front. It's neat to find a new use for my stash of crepe paper.
*
It's been so nice to run across an old friend and to also find some new ones today.
Thanks for dropping by. Hope you have a great evening.
Ivanka

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

What lovely cards - simple and beautiful! I love the color combo of white, pink and black.. and love your take on the challenge..

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful cards!! Thank you so much for joining us this week at DCRU!!
Sheri
DCRU DT

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

Oh, your card for DCRU is just beautiful! Love the pink and off white. Very feminine. Your other card is fantastic too! Very glad to have you with us, stop back soon!

Smiles!
GWEN DTC@DCRU

Gloria said...

Love your cards!

papertrails leaver said...

beautiful cards! I agree, the you never know where a click will take you these days. :-)

Kajikit said...

I love the blingy flower stems! And you can never go wrong with pink and white...

Melanie said...

What beautiful cards - I love the stems on the flowers - so eye catching!

Barb Housner said...

Beautiful coloring on your flowers - I forget I have chalk - I guess I was never very good with it - that is why I forget it. Love the other card - one thing I don't have is crepe paper - card to believe isn't it - you need to make some crepe paper flowers.

Barb

Linda Brun said...

Two beautiful creations. Both crispy and fresh. Like your clean and simple style.
Thankyou for nice comment in my blog.

LORi said...

WOW...these are sensational!! Thanks you for sharing with DCRU this week!!

HUGS - LORi

dstandard said...

Saw your name and knew I would find a spectacular card here and was not disappointed! Still have to do mine!

Rose said...

love all the bling on your sketch card!! both are awesome :)

TesaB said...

They are both gorgeous! Awesome scenery on the second, love how you used that embossing folder!

~amy~ said...

Well, we are glad that you found 365 cards!! Your card is gorgeous!! I love the colors!

Pam said...

Two bright and beautiful cards!