Monday, April 26, 2010

Clean and Simple Oldie

There is a great sketch over at Clean and Simple stamping blog (FTL 87) this week. One of those perfect sketches for any occasion. And it's pretty simple. So why did it take me most of the morning yesterday to make these cards??

Do you ever have those days? You look at a sketch and think, "this one is so easy, I'll be done in no time flat!". Then papers and patterns and colors get in the way and before you know it, that very simple sketch has taken on a life of it's own!

I'm glad I continued to throw papers around, I finally came up with 4 cards I liked. And it WAS fast and simple, once I found the papers I wanted to use!




Since it's Oldie Moldie Monday, I dug into my stash for the papers. The Mom card paper is from Paper Salon and the Dad card paper is from Basic Grey. Both papers have enjoyed a long stay in my scrap box and it was high time they got used. The stamps are from Studio G. The flowers have also been in my stash for a few years, glad to finally use them.
If you'd like to join Barb and I in our quest to use our supplies that have been lovingly collecting dust for years, upload your card to our Flickr gallery and we'll give it some more love.
And stay tuned, we're joining Operation Write Home next Monday. It'll be a great chance to use your supplies for a great cause. And there will be prizes!
Thanks and Happy Monday!

No comments: