Monday, June 8, 2009

Cuttlebug Challenge/Father's Day

Isn't it nice when you come across a challenge and you instantly know what you're going to create for it?? I love it when that happens.

This week, I needed to make some Father's Day cards so when I came across this weeks challenge at Cuttlebug Challenges to use your Basic Grey stash, I was a-grinnin'! Little did they know that I had a tidy little stash of BG dating back several centuries! (Yes, I am that old!)

This image (that I love!) is from Crafty Secrets Summertime Images and Journal Notes. I thought it was just perfect for a Father's Day card. Isn't that the coolest looking car? I used BG Motifica (a blast from the past, that's for sure!), Argyle embossing folder, Stampin' UP hardware and Rebecca Sower sticker letters. Love those, I'm so glad I still had some. They are perfect here.

Here I used Motifica and Aged and Confused BG paper, Argyle embossing folder and another Crafty Secrets image that is so perfect for a Dad card. The stickers and adhesive tags are from Rebecca Sower again. Check out Rebecca's Blog, she still amazes me with her talent. She was the first artist that made me look around for something to alter and to think outside the box.

Digging deep into the stash again, I came up with this sticker from Scissor Sisters. I don't believe they're around any longer, but I did come across some of their things on eBay. They were neat vintage images. I used Motifica BG again and a script embossing folder.
I have to thank the Cuttlebug Team, they got me using my stash and getting some much needed cards made. Thank you ladies!

2 comments:

Barb said...

now I could make a thousand cards using my stash of BG - great cards for Father's Day. Love that argyle folder.

Barb

Maggie Lamarre said...

wow this is gorgeous, luv the masculine feel of it.
Thank you for participating at the cuttlebug challenge blog.
Maggie