Saturday, January 14, 2012

Miss You...

Love today's Clean and Simple Card Making class techniques taught by Jennifer McGuire.  Her watercolor blocking/wet inking cards are beautiful.  I do feel a need to go shopping after seeing all the tools and inks/stamps she used.  It's maybe a very good thing that there is no scrapbooking stores near me!
But using what I have on hand, here's my card...


I started out by punching 1" circles (CM) from watercolor paper and painting them using Twinkling H2O's from LuminArte.  These paints have a beautiful shimmer to them.  Then I stamped the hearts and sentiment (Studio G) with VersaMark ink and heat embossed with white embossing powder.  I distressed the edges and add some bling (The Paper Studio).  The paper is old One Heart,One Mind.  I used Julie Ebersole's trick of using a square punch to make the banner...works like a charm.  Here's one of her You Tube Videos where she shows how to do this.


So I had 2 leftover circles from the card and thought they'd be cute as bookmarks for my daughters.

Have you been over to Moxie Fab World this week?  They're debuting their newest issue Cool Tools and Cath has some fun challenges going on.  I'm entering this into The Punches Challenge.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Those of you in the class, I hope you're enjoying it as much as I am.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Ivanka

6 comments:

Kristina Werner said...

So cute! I love your take on Jennifer's cards. And I love the black paper behind the circles! Adorable! :)

John VanMulders said...

These are so festive and i really like the way teh blacl and white polka dot background sets everything else off. Once again ... winners!

Winnie said...

Love your cards and the bookmarks are darling.

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

great take on the idea - I did get my twinkling H2O's out also - they sure are pretty. I had forgotten.

Barb

Tenia Nelson said...

Very very cool!!!

ThePurplePlace said...

Your card came out awesome and the bookmarks are a wonderful bonus touch!!

Thanks for sharing, I totally LOVE the class.