Tuesday, January 10, 2012

One Layer Card

Day two of Clean and Simple Card Making class and we are doing one layer cards.  It's not as easy as it sounds...it's really hard to walk away from a card and not put any embellishments on it...well I'm not strong enough to do it, anyway...lol.  So here is my card, with a little extra...
 
For this class, I'm using what I have...so I was glad to find this medallion stamp from MAMBI to use on the card.  I stamped it with VersaFine onyx black ink.  The sentiment is from Hampton Art, stamped with Ancient Page cardinal ink.  Rhinestones are from Kaisercraft.
I like the way this turned out (after 2 not so good attempts...) and it's an easy way to make some quick cards to have on hand.
Liking this class a lot so far!

7 comments:

ThePurplePlace said...

Absolutely Stunning! I LOVE how you added the Red Bling! I almost wanted to add bling too....but left it alone.

It's hard for me not to use ribbons, bling and lots of layers and textures on my cards....!! You did it WELL!!

Carla Crosby said...

Love the bling!

Unknown said...

So beautiful card.

Pam W Merwin said...

Love the doily stamp and the bling :)

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

good job - one layer cards scare me - maybe tonight I can make one

Barb

Erika said...

Love your card! The black on white and red look so elegant.

Sheila in Cyprus said...

Absolutely stunning. I love the touch of red bling. This would make a stunning Christmas card.
Love Sheila x